Sunday, August 2, 2009

Today's Peace of Truth: Love is Grand!

Isn't love grand? "How would you rate love on a scale of 1-10?", my boyfriend asked me after we left one of my best friend's wedding this weekend. "20", I responded!

You can't help but absorb the happy feelings of a wedding when you see two people promise to love each other for the rest of their lives. It is the most selfless act you can perform, and it changes your life. When the groom burst into tears Friday evening, upon seeing his soul mate walk down the aisle, you could feel the emotion in the room. You could just tell that they were meant for each other in every way. I have never met such a religiously pure couple who were really true servants of the lord. This type of union doesn't happen very often nowadays, and I am proud to say that the bride is one of my oldest and best friends.

After an extensive, traditional ceremony, we all went to the reception and celebrated. Pink, orange and white lilies decorated the banquet hall. The wooden floor gleamed with the soft glow of the lights. Tables were adorned with sparkly pastel tablecloths and bright yellow paper flowers at every place setting. A pink & white cupcake tower served as the wedding cake, the bride's choice of course. The hall had high ceilings and an antique, almost norsemen feel to it. We were seated at the "Harry Potter" table, since my friend is a true fan of the books! :)

The wedding party arrived and was seated at their head-table in front of the dance floor. The new couple had their first dance and then dinner followed. It was a buffet style meal, with quality food. Drinks were strong, (for once), and my belly was full. The music started and dancing began. The daring ones first, and then the others. My date and I got aquainted with our table and then made our way onto the floor. The DJ was great and we danced all night long. Sometimes it's easier to dance when you don't know alot of people there! I only knew the bride and her family, so I wasn't hesitant to embarrass myself! We had a wonderful night and it was all in celebration of a truly perfect couple who made the noble decision to join their lives in wedlock. When we left, we were full of happiness, with new friends and love in our hearts. Isn't love grand? :)