Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Today's Peace of Truth: Life is a Party- Live it Up!

This past weekend my family threw our grandparents a surprise party for their 55th wedding anniversary! It was like a reunion of sorts, and a celebration of the family they created over the years. Being together for over half your lives is a huge feat, and the children & grandchildren that are a result of it are an even bigger accomplishment! We ate a nice catered meal, watched a slide show that my cousin put together, looked at their wedding pictures and reflected on the past and the future to come. Among the guests was a new addition to the family: baby Gwendolyn, my 3 week old second cousin. It's an example of the cycle of life, with old age and new life, we are all a part of the endless circle that is our existence.

I created the cake for this event and thank goodness it made it in one piece! On the way there it seemed to be melting, but I was able to serve it proudly to the grandparents I love. They were impressed and the guests said it was delicious. Then we danced a little in the bar next door. My grandfather was dancing to young hip hop songs and loving every minute of it! :) Surrounded by their family and friends that they have made over a lifetime, my grandparents thanked us and were on their way. It was a great time and I hope to have more in the future. We all should be sure to appreciate the family and friends that are in our lives, and to celebrate each and every occasion whenever possible. Why not?! Life is a Party- Live it Up!!! :)