Sunday, August 16, 2009

Today's Peace of Truth: Car Salesmen are Crooks!

So I'm sure you've heard it before, but unless you have experienced first hand the frustration of the car buying process, then you have no idea how bad these car salesmen can be! I have been searching for a new car this past week because I wanted to do the "Cash for Clunkers" deal, like many Americans, before the money runs out. With a deadline, car buying became more stressful. My father and I searched high and low for car deals, and spent hours on the phone, online, driving to & from dealerships, test driving cars, haggling with the sharks for a couple hours, and then going home without a new car. It seemed that whenever we got close to closing a deal, on a car that I had fallen in love with, they pulled the rug out from under us and changed the interest rate or the payments, or the financing options, or the money down. Everyone lied to us to get us in to look at cars, and then went back on the offers they had made via phone or email.

I can't believe that people can sleep at night when they act this way. They're trying to screw over a 22 year old girl when she's trying to buy her first car. It's very upsetting. They play with the numbers behind the scene to make sure that they get a big slice of the pie. They are greedy, untrustworthy, slimy liars, and I've gotten just about sick of their games. I hope that these men & women will open their eyes to the ways they are conducting business, because it is unfair & unprofessional. I will continue my search, but my eyes are wide open and the wool won't be pulled over them by anyone. Hopefully there is one honest salesman in the seacoast region!!! Let me know if you know one! :)