Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Today's Peace of Truth: Portsmouth is beautiful at Christmas-time!

Portsmouth, the seacoast town in which I live, is a beautiful place to reside year round. I was just reminded of my love for the city as I was downtown buying some gourmet coffee last night. The cafe was filled with people enjoying warm cups of coffee, and the air was filled with rich aromas. As I left, I saw a man on the corner, with a large telescope. He offered to let me see Jupiter, and I complied, as he told me a little history about it's discovery. What a nice thing for a stranger to do! As I drove away from downtown, I saw a group of carolers gathering and a jazz trio on Market Square. Lights twinkled on trees, lamposts and houses- dazzling my eyes. I listened to Christmas music on the radio, and was filled with the spirit of the season.

I realized that Portsmouth has everything I want. It's artistic, creative, outgoing, quaint, clean, eco-friendly, welcoming, educated, cultured and fun! If you want to experience a town with those qualities, or even live in one, I recommend you come to Portsmouth! Happy Holidays!